Department of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics was instituted with the UG Programme in the year 2009 and the PG Programme in the year 2010. The courses offer a wide range of mathematical approaches in a scientific computing environment to cater to the needs of teaching, research and industrial applications. This course aims at preparing the students to cope with the latest developments and compete with students from other universities thereby putting them on the right track.
• To develop logical thinking, analytical reasoning and the problem-solving skills.
• To enhance the employability of the students by equipping them with technical and technological skills based on mathematical models.
• To meet the growing demand in the Industrial, Marketing and Communication Sectors.
• To become competent users of mathematics.
• To appreciate mathematics as an intellectual endeavour.
• To become familiar with basic mathematical and statistical methods.
• To understand the use of mathematics in other disciplines and become competent in the application of maths to other disciplines.
The Department consists of well – qualified and experienced staff members who are trained in innovative methodology. It is a matter of pride and privilege to say that the faculty have been giving excellent coaching to the students due to which many keep securing centum in various mathematic subjects. More than 50 students have got centum over these years.
LAURELS BAGGED BY THE DEPARTMENT :
•Ms. P.Deepa and Ms. P.Sivagami, Lecturer of Mathematics department presented a paper on Drawing Graphs on Smart Phone in a State Level Seminar conducted by Dr.N.G.P Arts and Science College, Coimbatore.
•Students of I M.Sc Maths, Ms. S.Deepa and Ms. P.Devipriya have presented a paper on Application of Mathematics in Real Life conducted by Vivekanandha College of Arts and Science and won the II place.
•Ms. E.Janani of II M.Sc Maths got second place in a paper presentation conducted by AVS College of Arts and Science, Salem. She presented a paper on the title Edge Domination Numbers in Graphs.
The department organizes several activities for the students to update and share their knowledge on recent advances in Mathematics. The department has also got the credit of achieving 100% results in the university Examinations (2009-12 batch).
Through Inter-departmental initiatives Coaching is being given to the final year UG and PG students to excel in Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge. These training sessions would enable them to face competitive examinations and get placed in a right job.
Maths club Association :
Maths Department organizes various activities. Click for more...